The Five-Step Power Plan is a teaching strategy that helps students strengthen their superflexible thinking and gain more independence in their social problem-solving abilities.
- As students work through the five steps they:
- Identify which Unthinkable is invading their brain.
- Observe the situation and the people in it.
- Stop and think about the hidden rules.
- Use their own flexible thinking to choose an appropriate strategy.
- Use self-talk to coach themselves to remain calm through this process.
The Five-Step Power Plan and the five Power Pals were first introduced in our book Social Town Citizens Discover 82 New Unthinkables for Superflex to Outsmart! In this same book we also introduced the Thinkables to the Superflex curriculum.
- For: Parents and professionals
- Ages: 3rd–6th grades
- Published: 2014
- Publisher: Think Social Publishing, Inc.
- Format: Poster, 45.72 cms x 60.96 cms or 18″ x 24″
- Item: 9781936943173