You Are a Social Detective! Interactive CD
By Social Skill Builder and Social Thinking Publishing
Great for both home and school!
Designed for cross system compatibility, one CD will work for BOTH Mac & PC. Refer to the details section below for specifications.
View Demo Below!
You Are a Social Detective! Interactive CD Game presents the social thinking concepts introduced in our You Are a Social Detective! book. The book is presented in the first chapter of the game, and then it kicks into interactive computer game with our social detective walking the students through each of the levels. There is no need to purchase the book because it is included in the CD, unless you want it in paper form.
Our new learning software CD, You are a Social Detective, is a dynamic combination of Social Skill Builder’s interactive video modeling style with the characters, vocabulary and process of the book You are a Social Detective by Social Thinking®founder Michelle Garcia Winner and co-author Pamela Crooke. Students learn to use their social “tools” — eyes, ears and brain — to understand the thoughts and feelings of others. They learn to make a smart guess about what someone will do next, and how their own actions affect consequences and outcomes.
“Social Skill Builder has done a great job working with us to create this tool,” say Michelle and Pam. “We think our students will be motivated to use it to help them become better equipped to evaluate social situations, while also helping them to learn our evidence-based Social Thinking® Vocabulary.
“This product explores the Social Thinking teaching concepts discussed in our book, You Are a Social Detective. A key aspect of helping students improve their competencies and therefore their social skills, involves teaching our students to take more active notice of relevant social cues generated by participants in context. To foster this learning, students enjoy watching video clips to help them more finely tune their observational skills while learning in a game-based format. We hope your students enjoy its use!”
- Elementary school speech pathologist Karen Vinson says, “The Social Detective software, with its engaging videos, is a perfect complement to the Social Thinking curriculum I currently use with my students. This product has helped my students with ASD develop a deeper understanding of social relations and the ability to decode social interactions.”
The CD features a fun mystery-themed jingle and uses a footprint, magnifying glass and clues theme throughout. As with all Social Skill Builder learning software, automatic data collection and a built-in game feature rewarding correct answers adds to the motivation
It teaches users how to use their eyes, ears and brain to make smart social guesses and investigating clues to see how others emotions and responses are connected to their own behavior. This software program, complementing the has 6 exciting levels with more than 200 video prompts to break down social situations into functional terms including:
- Understanding Others’ Comfortable/Uncomfortable Thoughts
- Understanding Others’ Expected/Unexpected Behaviors
- Guessing Others’ Thoughts and Emotions
- Making Smart Guesses
- Using Your Tool Box Items (Eyes, Ears & Brain)
- Using Social Mapping
Viewing the demo below should give you a basic understanding of how the “You Are a Social Detective” CD-ROM learning tool works.
- For: Parents and professionals to use with kids
- Ages: 7-12 years old
- Published: 2011
- Publishers: Social Skill Builders and Think Social Publishing
- Format: CD cover & CD
- System Requirements: Windows/Mac OS X or above | 600 MB free disk space | Windows 98, ME, XP, NT, VISTA, Win 7 | Min. 300 MHz. | 4x CD-ROM Drive
- Item: 9780981958507
- ISBN: n/a